Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's Been Awhile :)

Hello fellow blogging friends! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Life has been pretty crazy in the last few weeks. I was sick for 2 weeks & then last Thursday, Ava & I flew to Florida to visit my family. By Friday I was sick again & spent most of my time in Florida sick. Sunday night I went to a walk-in clinic & finally figured out was was wrong (sinusitis) and got 3 more prescriptions. So I'm definitely starting to feel better, but we are completely broke from doctor visits & prescriptions. Welcome to real life, right? I forgot what it felt like to not cough. It is wonderful to feel better!
I had such a great time in Florida. It was so great to see my parents, Emmy & Daniel and my two best friends, Aprile & Erin. I really needed to get away & have a little break from the newness of Texas. It was so refreshing to be around people who know me (some better than I know myself!!). It felt like a breath of fresh air. I'm happy in Texas, but it has not been an easy adjustment for me. It has been a much slower transition than I expected it to be. I know it will take time :)
Ava is cutting her first tooth. It is still teeny tiny, but it's in there. Poor thing--she has not been a happy baby! Last night we experienced her first throw up episode. She vomited all over Matt, herself, her hippo Lola and the floor. Not fun!! But afterwards she seemed to feel great--it was almost like she was laughing at Matt after barfing all over him. She also went swimming for the first time while we were in Florida--she had such a fun time & she was SO CUTE in the pool. My Dad took her--I think it was fun for both of them. All the pictures are on my Mom's camera, so as soon as I get them I'll post them. I love you all--thanks for being my friends!!

2 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Rach it must be so hard to move to a NEW place. At least you are SO LOVED and wanted there! We sure do miss you here though.

I'm glad you had a weekend with your family. There is nothing like family time especially when you don't live close by. I know!

Love you girl!

the kirkseys said...

Yay for new posts! I'm so glad you got your sickness figured out (minus the cost, of course : ) Poor Ava! Jake is cutting his first tooth too! It's SO sharp. You'd think he's cutting a razor blade : ) We really do need to get together again soon and eat Chuys!! Creamy jalapeno makes everything better : ) Love you!