Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Another Milestone Reached

I am so so so so so so tired but I had to post a quick blog. Since this blog (at the moment at least!) is the closest thing I have to a baby book for baby #2, I just had to write this down before I forgot. Today I mailed off our USCIS application & a big chunk of change!! Yeah!! We are getting so much closer to finishing all the paperwork for our adoption....it's starting to get pretty exciting. We still have a ways to go--probably 1-2 more months of work, but we're closer today than we have been yet. God has so faithfully provided every cent that we have needed. I am just in awe of His provision. What I love most is that He is using you--the Body of Christ to provide for us. He could just dump money through our chimney, but this is so much more real....so much more beautiful! We watched a Primetime special tonight about adoption--from the viewpoint of birthmothers. It was so touching. I cried through the whole thing & I am just sitting here praising God that He has included us in this crazy, amazing plan of His for our family. It made me want to work that much harder to bring Bella home. (And yes...we are still calling her Bella around here :) Love you all...I'm off to dreamland.....

4 comments:

ginger said...

yay! one more step closer!!

i watched primetime and absolutely cried through the entire thing too... they did a great job of portraying adoption from the viewpoint of these amazingly strong birthmoms.

the kirkseys said...

i got goosebumps when i read this! God is SO good! We'll continue to pray for everything going on in your lives right now : )

the kirkseys said...

oh, and I LOVE the name Bella : )

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Yeah! Looking forward to when you are done with all your paperwork and the real wait begins. :)

Love BELLA!