Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hello From Florida!

Hi friends :) Sorry it's been awhile since my last post. I've been in Florida for a week now, spending time with my family while Matt is in China. I'm having a really good time here. I've been sick for most of the week, but I'm feeling a little better today. I've had a few "I think I need to go the emergency room" moments & a major pregnancy scare (I'm not--praise God!!). It's been an interesting week :)

I've talked to Matt a couple of times & it sounds like they're having a really amazing trip. 5 college students have already given their life to Christ! Every time I talk to him he says, I want to adopt from China--maybe one day! We are going for a kid in every color--red & yellow, black & white. We'll see where God leads us. They got to worship with a house church pastor the other day--it sounds like it was a very sweet time. He's also hoping to be able to go to a house church meeting in the next couple of days. I am so thankful that he is getting these experiences, but a little jealous that I'm not right there with him! Hopefully someday I'll get there. For all my single friends out there--go on as many mission trips as you can before you get married & have babies--it's so much harder now & it's the one thing I miss the most!

My Mom is doing ok. She just left for the hospital for a red blood cell booster shot. She finished her 4th round of chemo yesterday. Her body is extremely worn & tired, but she is still so strong. I know she doesn't think she is, but I do. I think she's more beautiful & strong than she's ever been & I'm proud to be her daughter. We've had some good news in the last few days about her cancer, but I can't remember the right terminology, so I'll save that for another post. I think her cancer cell counts are way down. Praise God for good news! I'll update when I get things figured out.

Emmy & I have been making blankets like crazy. We bought some new fabrics & should have those for sale in the next few days. I"ll just give you a preview.....we have toile & polka dots!! They are SO CUTE!! I can't wait to start selling them--I think people will really love them.

On the adoption front....we have a first draft of our homestudy!! Yeah! We should have the final notarized copy by next week. Then all we have to do is complete our psychological testing and gather some documents & we're done with all the paperwork!!! We're getting so close to the finish line--I'm so excited! We need a HUGE chunk of money in the next month, so please pray that we will be accepted by the grant & loan scholarships that we're about to apply for. We'll also be selling t-shirts when we get home, so if you know anyone who wants one, let me know!!

Last of all...I have always loved Hillsong United. But their new stuff is just so good. Go check them out
here or here.

Here are some pictures for your view pleasure.


Ava's "I just smashed bananas in my hair & I don't like you laughing about it" face


the girls


Ava with Auntie Em & Grandma


Getting ready to swim


Swimming & not so sure if she's liking it


Playing with her new favorite toy

3 comments:

the kirkseys said...

I am SO with you on Hillsong United! I love them. I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the song "Lead Me To the Cross". We did it at our camp, and it is such an amazing worship song. I hope you feel better soon!

ginger said...

i've come back to your blog twice today to look at ava's banana-in-the-hair picture... it makes me giggle everytime. i love it!

you look amazing! enjoy your time with your sweet mama! i love you, friend!

Ben and Crystin said...

I totally second the statement "go on all the mission trips you can before babies"! That is what I miss the most too. Thanks for the update and pic's- they are so cute- Ava looks a little thicker- yea Ava! Our kids are getting so big...Cru's birthday is soon...love you