Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, October 06, 2007

What I Am Thinking About Right Now

**NOTE**While to the untrained eye this might look like just a plain old Rachel's Random Bullet Point post, it is actually much much different. Ok, not really, but I was hoping to mix it up a little bit.

  • I can't believe that my Mom's cancer is gone. I still feel like I'm in shock over this & it bothers me that I prayed & prayed for her healing, but now that God has answered my prayers I'm having a hard time believing it's real. Why do I doubt? I am overjoyed by this news & can't wait to see my family at Thanksgiving. I think that for the first time we will truly be able to properly celebrate this year!
  • Why don't colds just go away after a day? Why do they linger FOREVER? I've been at home sick since Monday. Yuck not fun.
  • Why can't I discipline myself to lose my last 13 pounds? I just can't get past this plateau.
  • Ok, well actually I know the answer to that one: chips & salsa + new natural salt & cracked pepper popcorn.
  • Why do I love to eat? Why can't I just like it like the normal person?
  • Why is it that the final thing that we have to do on our dossier list for our adoption has turned into 6 smaller muy expensive items?
  • I love my husband more today than I did last week.
  • When can I start listening to Christmas music & not be labeled a freak?
  • I think it's the cutest thing in the world that Ava has fallen in love with her 2 little twin baby dolls. She takes care of them ALL day. She puts on their diapers (and takes them off & puts them on & takes them off & puts them on.......), gives them cheerios & milk, pushes them in their stroller, pats them on the back, kisses their faces (well, licks them actually), covers them with a blanket. How did she learn all those things? And why is it so darn cute??
  • Why don't bathrooms clean themselves?
  • I think that reading a book is the greatest escape. I think that you become smarter as you read. I love that I love to read. I'm so glad my parents built that into me at a very young age. I just finished Harry Potter #4. So good. Now I'm reading "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer. It's about a little 9 year old genius who lost his Dad in 9-11 & thinks that his Dad left him all these clues around the city. It's very cool. Did you read James Joyce in High School? If so, you are smarter. Anyways, this book reminds me of a very modern, fun, hip version of James Joyce. Stream of conciousness my dears.
  • Ava's favorite book is "They Eye Book" by Theodore LeSeig. That is actually Dr. Suess. His name was Theodore Giesel, but when he wrote children's books as himself & not Dr. Suess, he turned his name backwards & became Theodore LeSeig. I think that man had identity issues.
  • I bought some new cute shoes to replace my old cute shoes that got a huge giant rip in them. But all I ever want to wear are the old cute shoes. Apparently I don't like change. Unless it's something that is changing into something I like more.
  • Will we live in Houston Texas forever?
  • Will I be happy forever if we live in Houston Texas forever?
  • Would Jane Austen & I be friends if she was still alive & living next door to me in Houston Texas?
  • Sometimes I feel afraid to walk to the mailbox in the middle of the sunshiny day. I'm afraid that a bad guy will kidnap me or that gangsters will raid my house while I'm gone.
  • I think that I have a serious problem as a conspiracy theorist.
  • Why am I afraid of so many stupid things?
  • Do I exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in my life?
  • Does my husband know that I love him more this week than last week?
  • Does God ever tire of being patient with me?
  • I think that's all I'm thinking at the moment. Good bye.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

You are so much fun and so interesting and I love reading your not so bullet points! Thanks for sharing and sending hugs and love!!!

Jackie said...

ummmm....yeah, you may have a few issues, but hey, who doesn't!! I am laughing at your "conspiracy theory" again you!! Oh rachel, we need to hang out....I, unfortunatley tend to be opposite...a little more "fearless" to the point that I do STUPID things sometimes!!!

BTW...I did the Race for the Cure this morning and was thinking about your mom and rejoicing the whole time...that is SOOOO awesome!!! God is too good!!
HAve a great weekend. love ya!

the fam said...

I love reading your random thoughts. It makes me feel not so crazy because I also have a lot of random thoughts and I'm just starting to not be afraid of being open and transparent with people about what's going on in my head. So please, keep posting. You encourage me.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear about your Mom!! God is good!

Anonymous said...

what if we bust out the christmas music together... we'll be less likely to be called freaks! i'm so ready for it!

i absolutely love you and your bullet point blogs... you are so fun!