Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

WE'RE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only have like 3.8 seconds to write this post, but I just had to document this historic day (at least for our family!!) I just got back from overnighting our adoption paperwork to our Adoption Agency. I can't tell you how relieved, excited, and anxious (for it to make it to them!) I am. What a huge milestone for us! As the ticker on my website lets me know, we've been working on this paperwork now for 10 months, 3 weeks and 3 days. Praise the Lord we're finally finished. Now it will be translated, sent to the OPA (Officina para adopciones) in El Salvador. Next we will wait on approval from them. This is taking about 8 months on average. At that point we will wait for our referral (our chosen daughter--her picture, medical background, etc) and then we'll travel to El Salvador to pick her up. From today we're looking at a 12-18 month wait. Please pray, pray, pray that that package makes it up to Virginia by tomorrow morning. Here are some pictures of my excitement. At the beginning of this journey I had this grand vision of finishing our paperwork (in more like 4-5 months, but whatever :) and then going as a family to fedex. We would have the postal worker take our picture with the package & then go get ice cream or something to celebrate. Here's how it really went down. Matt & I tried to work out our schedules for 3 days to be able to go at the same time & realized it just wasn't going to happen. So then I was going to take our picture together as a family before leaving this morning. But then Matt got sick. Super sick. Like--you better get that camera out of my face right now sick. So then I tried to get a picture with Ava & I smiling & holding our dossier. Well, my camera battery was dead. So then it's off to the camera phone. I put Ava on my lap & she throws a complete tantrum. So in the end.....it's just me & my MOUND of paperwork. But I'm smiling & oh so happy anyways b/c it's done & we're finally moving closer to Bella! Love you all :)





6 comments:

Dannie Flanagan said...

CONGRATS!

I'm totally praying for you.

I can't wait to see you!!!!

dreamingBIGdreams said...

So happy for you guys! I can completely understand your feelings of happiness and joy and I can't wait until I'm writing the same thing!!!

Love you guys and can't wait to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

YAAAYYY! I'm so happy that you are done! After Christmas, I am going to call you and we are going to see each other before you leave-even if for just an hour! Love you girl!

Ben and Crystin said...

AWESOME- I hope you guys are great. I'll call you sometime soon. Miss you already.

ginger said...

YAAAAAAY! i'm so excited for you guys!!!

i love you!

Abby said...

Hi! I found your blog through a link on Jamie's blog. My name is Abby, & my family & I are hoping and praying that we can adopt 2 babies from Ethipia through AWAA.

There is a family at our church that is also adopting from El Salvador through AWAA. I gave her the link to your blog.

Congratulations on a completed dossier! I would love to link to your blog from mine if that's okay with you.

Thanks,
Abby