Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

6 Months! (Ok, so I'm a few days late....shoot me!!)

Hi friends! Ava turned 6 months on Saturday--we can hardly believe she's already that old! We had our doctor's appt on Friday & all seems to be well. She's 15lbs 14oz and 26 inches long. She's still pretty small, but the doctor doesn't seem worried. It's amazing how her presence has changed our lives so drastically. I feel like I love her more every day. I love being her mommy.

I started my ladies Bible study this past week. I think it's going to be really good for me to be around other young moms & to be involved in a study again. I actually got to spend a whole hour reading and praying yesterday. I haven't had time like that in, well, 6 months. It was refreshing and convicting & quiet. I think that's the best part--quiet. It's amazing how much more I appreciate my quiet moments.

Please be praying for Ava--she's been sick all week. Last night I was up with her for 2 1/2 hours & she screamed the whole time. It was the most overwhelming feeling--not being able to help or comfort her. Needless to say--2 out of 3 of us were in tears. It was not fun. And today I'm completely exhausted & don't feel like doing anything but sit on the couch and watch our new cable. Yes--we actually got cable yesterday--we got a great deal for 6 months, so we'll have it for that long & then like usual we'll probably come to our senses when we get our first real bill & cancel it. But for 6 months at least it will be fun to hang out with Rachael Ray again. Love you all. I don't have any new pictures, but as soon as I do I'll post them :)

1 comment:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

you are a great mom!

i love rachel ray! that is who aaron got the dinner recipe from last night! i think he has a secret crush on her ... actually i don't think it's a secret!!!

enjoy your cable ... i have to go to the Y to watch cable tv!