Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Books

I saw this on Jamie's blog--she always has cool stuff there. Thought I would give it a whirl :)

1. One book that changed your life: the Bible

2. One book that you've read more than once: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte--I've read it like 4 or 5 times--so good!!

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Marcel Proust's In Search of Lost Time. It has 4,500 pages & I've been wanting to read it for awhile now, but I think the only way I'd ever have time is if I was on a desert island. Or if I had no kiddo.

4. One book that made you laugh: The BFG by Roald Dahl--there's actually a chapter about whizzpoppers (AKA farts)

5. One book that made you cry: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers--the story of Hosea modernized. Every woman should read it

6. One book you wish had been written: How To Be Artsy & Creative Overnight

7. One book you wish had never been written: The Portrait of The Artist As A Young Man by James Joyce. Two words: sheer torture.

8. One book you're currently reading: James & The Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

9. One book you've been meaning to read: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. Matt really wants me to read it so we can discuss. I'm so stuck on children's literature though, it's hard to break through to the hard stuff :)

If you're reading this post — write your books in the comments or post them on your blog and let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

You're such a good reader. I need to do more reading of books that matter!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so going to do this, you and Jamie have the best ideas

jan@theviewfromher said...

I've seen this meme on several blogs and always end up adding another book to my reading list! :-) Since you mentioned Francine Rivers, I thought you might like to know they are currently making one of her novels, "The Last Sin Eater," into a full-length movie. I posted about it at theviewfromher.com.

If you ever come across How to Be Artsy & Creative Overnight, please let me know...I really need to read it!