Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Matt's 100 List

Ok, so I talked Matt into making a "100 Things About Me List" b/c I've become addicted to reading them....so....here's his list:

1. I am loved by God
2. I don't like to shave (and Rachel hates that I don't like to shave)
3. Some days I wear hats b/c I don't have time to wash my hair
4. I hate cingular wireless (fewest dropped calls?? my booty!!)
5. I love Chuys
6. I love creamy jalapeno
7. I have the privilege of pastoring the coolest students on the planet
8. I am a coffee snob
9. I am not a morning person
10. My wife is a morning person
11. My baby is also a morning person
12. I am outnumbered in the morning
13. I love urban outfitters
14. I often struggle with being who I am vs. being who I think people want me to be
15. I don't read my Bible enough
16. I want to spend more time in quiet places with God
17. I'm afraid of failure
18. I like to read
19. I'm going to be up until 1am trying to finish this list
20. My favorite part of the day is getting Ava out of her crib in the morning
21. I love my family
22. I don't like cutting the grass
23. I hate the dentist
24. If I had the $ I'd have all my teeth pulled & have fake ones put in
25. I like Germany
26. I like buying clothes in Europe
27. I can talk to thousands of teenagers at one time & it doesn't bother me
28. I get nervous speaking to a group of 5
29. I don't have a colon
30. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 14
31. I work at an amazing church
32. Sometimes I miss being a kid
33. I like thrift store shopping
34. I'm married to the greatest woman in the world
35. I'm married to the greatest mom in the world (she's the same one as #34...just in case you thought I was a polygimist or something)
36. I feel very unqualified for my job
37. I have an ostomy bag
38. I hate meetings
39. I worry about things a lot
40. I'm selective in how I trust God
41. I wish I could write music & sing
42. I love my cat Oliver
43. When Ava laughs it makes me smile
44. I don't believe in purgatory
45. If there were purgatory, I'm pretty sure people there move from state to state all the time
46. I have a new fascination with Pei Wei
47. I really want a Mac iBook
48. I think the only reason I want a Mac iBook is so that people will think I'm cool
49. I love the church of Jesus Christ
50. Sometimes, though, the church gets on my nerves
51. My hollywood crush is Sandra Bullock
52. My glasses are always dirty
53. I like history
54. If I could talk to anyone from history i think I would pick Martin Luther (not King)
55. I love to travel
56. I want to take a month and travel Europe someday
57. My wife and I really want to adopt a couple of kids from different places
58. I think racism makes God sad
59. I love coldplay and wish I could see them live someday
60. I love skittles, but only the red and purple ones...I throw the other ones away (this is not racism--it's skittlism....and then rachel get's mad at me, b/c her favorites are the ones that I just threw away)
61. I am a people person
62. I am perfectly ok though spending time alone
63. I work with the most amazing and creative people in the world
64. I don't fix things around the house very well
65. My brother is one of my favorite people to spend time with
66. I love hitting the snooze button in the morning
67. trash day ticks me off because I have to get up early
68. I believe Ava Marie Setliffe is the cutest little girl on the face of the planet
69. I think Ava could be a baby gap model
70. Before Ava was born I was worried she may look like an alien (like many newborns do)
71. Sometimes I think too highly of myself
72. Sometimes I think too lowly of myself
73. Chai tea lattes make me smile
74. I hate how i always feel like I'm never caught up at work
75. I fear becoming comfortable and not caring about those who are less fortunate
76. Kindergarten was great b/c we had nap time
77. I think nap time should be instituted in all workplaces
78. I'm getting really tired now
79. My wife comes to me for fashion advice
80. Sometimes I wish I were rich
81. I don't think God would let me have alot of money at this point in my life, bc/ I would probobly not be wise with it
82. I believe joy cannot be bought
83. I believe the American Dream is a lie
84. I would like to grow my hair long, but I think I'd look stupid
85. I am an all-around messy person
86. My wife and I are polar opposites, and we make a good team
87. sitting still too long drives me crazy
88. unmotivated people drive me crazy
89. I live with the 2 most beautiful ladies in the world
90. sometimes i look at Ava and wonder what she will look like in 20 years
91. I would die for my family
92. I probobly don't call my family in TN enough
93. I think I had a great childhood
94. My wife is my best friend
95. My wife is my greatest source of encouragement
96. I love spending the day with my family
97. blueberry cake donuts rock
98. I have to get up really early tommorrow
99. I can't decide between "A Time To Kill" or "Shawshank Redemption" as my all-time favorite movie
100. I am going to bed now

2 comments:

ginger said...

so glad matt decided to join the fun! i'm with him on the skittles... and ava as a baby gap model... and chuy's creamy jap-ooooooooooooh!

good stuff!

Anonymous said...

please help me--i wanna take down cingular and I need some personal stories. I HATE CINGULAR and my BLOG on live journal is called FEWEST DROPPED CALLS MY ASS--i hate hate hate hate hate hate themmmmm help me