Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, March 12, 2007

Our Month in Bullet Points

Our computers are in the process of dying, so I've had the craziest time trying to post on here & ending up just giving up. Thankfully our laptop decided to be nice to me today so I'm scrambling trying to post a bunch of stuff. Here are the random details of our last month. Enjoy :)

  • Ava turned 1!! See the 2 posts below.

  • We have all been sick. Ava & I more than once. There is nothing worse than having a sick kiddo. Except maybe also having a sick husband. Oh yeah, and being sick yourself. NOT FUN!

  • We bought Ava a new forward-facing car seat & she LOVES it!! She loves kicking her legs & staring out at the world around her. I love it b/c I can feed her cheerios w/o throwing my shoulders out of socket :)

  • As of today our adoption is moving forward!!!! Yeah!! Matt went to NC this weekend to speak & we got just enough money from that to make our initial payment & pay our governement USCIS (I think that's what it's called) fee & fingerprinting fees. So we'll send that money off tomorrow along with our Agreement w/ AWAA & once they receive that we can set up the beginning meeting with a social worker for our homestudy. I can't tell you how happy I am to be moving ahead.

  • We have been working on building a working budget for our finances using materials from Crown Financial Ministries. It has been hard. But good.

  • We are brainstorming ways to raise money for our adoption. That is really the only thing keeping us back at this point. Please join us in praying that God provides every penny that we need. I have been a little stessed about this whole issue as of late. It has taken us a whole month just to come up with the initial payment & we still have so much to raise. The amount we need seems so HUGE but I have to (DAILY!!) remind myself that my God is HUGER!! ps--do you like my word of the day??

  • I have had 2 completely lazy days where I stayed in my pjs, played with Ava & watch tv all day. Oh yeah, & I ate cool whip out of the container. It felt wonderful & horrible all at the same time.

  • Matt shared his testimony with the students to kick off a new series that they are doing on Sunday mornings called Story. It was stinkin' awesome :)

  • We took a mini trip to New Braunfels with the other youth staff & their families so that the boys could calendar the next year & begin planning camp. My friend Glenna & I intended to scrapbook (but didn't), shopped at the outlet malls in San Marcos (which was fantabulous!!), took naps & ate lots of kolaches & donuts. We also stayed in our pjs all day which was fun & I guess takes my total up to 4 days in jammies this month.

  • Ava went for her 1 year checkup. She weighed 19lbs 13oz & was 30inches long. She's in the 75% for height & the 40% for weight. So basically she has the body of a supermodel.

  • My friend Jamie sent me an actual letter in the mail & it made me feel so special & loved. It made me want to be better at sending people real-life letters more often. So I have started by, oh wait.....I haven't sent any yet. But I'm working on it!
  • I have lost 20 pounds. 10-12 more to go. Yeah!!

  • I turned 27, Ava turned one, Matt turned 27. Happy Birthday to us!

  • I have been greatly convicted & encouraged by the lives of John & Betty Stam who were missionaries to China in the 30's. I read about them in the Voice Of The Martyrs monthly newsletter. They were martyred for their faith & left behind a 3-month-old daughter when they were killed. When Betty was just 18 she wrote these words. Just a few years later she was murdered for her faith in God.


Lord, I give up all of my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou wilt, send me where Thou wilt. And work out Thy whole will in my life, AT ANY COST, now and forever.




  • I finished my Bible study on For Women Only & am starting a new one on the book of Philipians next Tuesday morning.

  • Ava no longer says "kitty" when she sees Oliver. She's switched to the more grown up version of "cat". It is pretty funny. Matt thinks she's saying "gat" and that it's short for
    "gato" which is cat in spanish. So of course he just assumes that she's a genius.

  • I think that's it. Love you all & enjoy your day!!

  • Oh wait--I wanted to show you a couple of pictures that I took that are OH SO CUTE :) Enjoy!!






No comments: