Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Update

Sorry it's taken so long for me to post. My sister, Emily, was in town this weekend, so we were trying to soak up family time. Here is where we stand so far:

  • My Mom will be having surgery next Thursday, April 5, to remove the tumor from her ovaries. Until they open her up they won't be able to figure out what is wrong, so we're just waiting, waiting, waiting. Her oncologist believes it to be cancer--either ovarian or cancer of the lining of her abdominal cavity (can't remember the technical term). However, the nurse practitioner said that there is still hope for it to be benign. Depending on what the tumor is touching (ex--part of her colon), they might have to remove a lot. They will also be scraping the lining of her abdominal cavity hopefully to rid it of any cancer cells.
  • Her stomach has started to refill with fluid again, and she is in a lot of pain & discomfort again. We have been trying to reach her doctor, hoping to get in tomorrow to drain it again. Please be praying for this...it's the most immediate need. Pray for an appointment to come available & for her to start feeling better....maybe even for the surgery to be moved up.
  • I have decided to stay here until April 17. I wanted to alleviate some of the stress my Dad is feeling having to be back & forth to Atlanta for his job, so I have decided to stay until a few weeks after her surgery. It is hard to be away from Matt, but he is so supportive of this & we both know that this is where I need to be for now. My parents have graciously bought him a ticket for the 5th-7th so he can come be with us for awhile. We miss him SO much & can't wait to see him.
  • We have been overwhelmed by all of your prayers, calls, cards, texts & support. Thank you so much for being such sweet friends. This has been beyond difficult for everyone & it is such a comfort knowing that we stand on your prayers.
  • I'll try to update more today/tomorrow as we try to get in to the hospital.
  • PLEASE KEEP PRAYING!! thanks :)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Praying Rachel I am so sorry you guys are having to go through this! We love you all!!!