Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, April 02, 2007

A Little of Everything

Hey friends. It's been a crazy couple of days & I've been meaning to post for awhile now, and it just hasn't happened. So I'm going to include several things in this one post to make things easier. My Mom is having a pretty rough day today--she is feeling worse by the day & I know she's so ready to have the surgery done & over. She had her stomach drained again last Thursday & it provided relief for a few days, but she's feeling like it's filling up again. She was hoping to not have to have it drained again before the surgery, but it looks like she might have to go back again tomorrow to have it done. She hasn't slept in 4 nights & is having a lot of stomach pain. So please continue praying for her as we still have 3 days to go until surgery. We've had good days & bad days throughout this journey, and we're learning to trust God with both!

Since we needed some laughter & smiles, Emily & I took Ava down to the park the other day while she was still in town. Ava LOVES to swing & we LOVE to watch her. Here are some pictures of that....and hopefully a video (if it works!!).










We are up to our elbows in adoption paperwork. We have begun compiling our dossier to be sent to the El Savadorian government. It is definitely a lot of work & a LOT of money!! So my sweet sweet sister has decided to help us raise some money. She made Ava a ribbon blanket for Christmas & Ava loved it!! So she decided to make more for me to sell & all the money will go towards our adoption. I am so proud of her--she is so artsy! The front of the blankets are made of really soft fleece (either pink or blue). The backs are made of satiny (sp??) fabric. And the ribbons are different colors & textures. I have met so many babies who love these! So I thought I'd try to sell a few on here....just to see if Emily should make more. The pattern/color of ribbons may very, but I've posted pictures below of a girl one & a boy one. If you'd like to buy one for your own baby, or for a gift, just comment me or send me an email: rachelsetliffe@aol.com and I'll get it shipped. We are asking for $15, which includes the price of shipping. Also, if you'd like to special order one, I'm sure Emmy could make something special, with colors, etc... Thanks for looking :)




Front of pink & brown blanket


Back of girl blanket


Front of boy blanket



Back of boy blanket

6 comments:

Virginia said...

Those are beautiful! Have you thought of trying to sell them on Etsy too? It's a free crafting type ebay. Just go to Etsy.com and check it out.

I'm going to link them from my blog too.

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers a lot.

XOXO

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I'm going to link this and talk about them on our blog as well. I will for sure get some! You could also make an ecard (not sure how to do it, but aaron knows!!!) to email to everyone.

love you guys.

Ben and Crystin said...

I miss you guys so much! I already know I want two blankets, one of each. I'm not picky on colors/patterns. Love you

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, the blankets are about 15"x15". I can make them with different colors of satin or ribbons if you prefer. These are always a hit at baby showers. Thanks for helping bring my little niece or nephew home!

Emily

Jamie said...

I found your blog through Virginia. Adoption has a sweet spot in our hearts. I would love to order 1 of the blankets. Would it be possible to get 1 in Baby Green (Sage)? Just let me know and we can make arrangments.

Praying for you and your family as you continue on this journey.

Jamie ~ Alabama

Rachel said...

Hey Jamie (and others!) thanks for your interest in our blankets! My sister has been looking all over town for sage green fabric, so hopefully we'll find something soon. I can't reach your blog for some reason, so can you email me if you see this? That way we can work out the details. My email address is rachelsetliffe@aol.com Thanks again!!