Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mom's Surgery Tomorrow

Hey friends. Well, tomorrow my Mom goes for her surgery at 12:15. It has been a difficult couple of weeks for her, so I think she's ready to have it over & done with. They have had to drain her stomach 3 times in the last 2 weeks & yesterday they got 3 liters out. She slept for the first time in 4 nights last night, so today has been a little better for her. She can already feel her stomach filling up again though, so it's good the surgery is tomorrow.

The surgery will include a radical hysterectomy to remove the tumor. They will also remove anything that the tumor is touching, so we still don't know how expansive the surgery will be. They will also scrape her abdominal lining and drain any remaining fluid. They are going to run several tests on all the surrounding lymph nodes to see if any cancer has spread to them. Supposedly women have several lymph nodes around their reproductive organs, so we are praying that the cancer (if there even is any) has not spread there. Here are some things to pray for:

First & foremost, pray for her complete healing....that there is NO CANCER!
For my Mom to sleep really well tonight & to feel rested in the morning. She has been coughing non-stop b/c the fluid is putting pressure on her lungs. So pray for no coughing & LOTS of sleep.

She can't eat or drink anything (water included) after midnight tonight, so pray that she doesn't even desire those things!

Pray for the doctors as they operate. For their wisdom & steady hands. Pray that they are able to remove everything that is or could be cancer. Pray for the tests to be done clearly and carefully. Pray that my family is able to be a godly witness to the doctors & nurses that we come into contact with.

Pray for my sister as she is not able to come from Kentucky for the surgery. We are trying to get her back out here next weekend....so pray for the finances to be there so that she can get a ticket. Pray that she feels the comfort and peace of Christ as she waits for news so far away. It breaks my heart that she can't be here. Pray for her emotions tomorrow.

Pray for my Dad....he is really stressed about everything. Pray that things with his job can be put on hold for a week so that he doesn't even have to worry about anything.

Pray for Matt as he travels here tomorrow. He will be here until MOnday & I am so relieved that he's coming.

Pray for Ava as she is with babysitters (wonderful friends of mine!!) for the next few days. Pray for good naps, no accidents, good eating and a happy baby!

Pray for my Mom's recovery and healing process. She will most likely have to go through several rounds of chemo, so pray for that whole process.

Finally, please pray for me....I'm feeling a lot of pressure to kind of "keep things together". Pray that I can just be honest with my fears & emotions. I have been having extreme back pain & I know it is a direct result of the stress I'm feeling (and carrying Ava around 24/7!!).

Thanks for your prayers. I am trying to remember that God holds tomorrow & all that will happen in His hands. It is out of our control. BUt I also believe that prayer is our most powerful & effective tool to reach the heart of the Father. More than ever I ask for & covet your prayers. Thank you for praying so much already & for your continued support. We all feel the strength of your prayers so strongly right now....you are such faithful friends to me & I love you so very much.

2 comments:

ginger said...

rach, i love you so very much... i've been praying for your mom and i'll be praying for these things specifically through the night tonight and the day tomorrow. i love you and am lifting you up! i wish i could give you a big hug... and that i could bear some of this hardship for you. i love you@

ashley jean barrett said...

rach, i just got your email from kyle's mom about how your mom's surgery went. please know that i am praying for you and for your family. Praise God that you all are able now to be there together.
Prayers for strength and healing are being lifted up for you and your family.
love from louisville, ashley barrett