Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, April 27, 2007

Things I'm Loving At The Moment

Hey friends. Just wanted to share some of the lovely things in my life right now....big & small. I'm having one of those days where I feel like I could complain about everything bad in my life & so I'm trying to change my mood by telling you some of the good things. So here goes.....
  1. The song "Perfectly Fitted" by Waterdeep. I have loved this worship group since college when I saw them in concert with 100 Portraits. Some of their stuff is amazing. Some is a little weird, but I love this new song by them. Go check it out here.
  2. I love how Ava is learning tons of new words. When she hears a bird singing she says "bird" and points out the window. So cute! She's also saying puppy, baby, booka, eye te te (translation: my eyes see...a line from her favorite book, The Eye Book by Dr. Suess). She also sings a song that's in spanish from Sesame Street--well the chorus at least...eye, yai yai yai....I have no idea how to spell what she's singing. But it's cute....I promise :) She also says beep beep when you touch her nose, or anyone else's nose for that matter. She has been so fun lately!!
  3. Spending time praying with my husband for our baby in El Salvador.
  4. Mango Mandarin body wash from Bath & Body Works.....it smells so summery!
  5. The color green that we painted our living room. Dune Grass from Eddie Bauer. It's been the same color for almost 8 months & I still like it. That's pretty amazing in my "I want to constantly change my house around" world. I'm even thinking of painting my bedroom the same color.
  6. My adoption yahoo group.....all of the families that are adopting from El Salvador with America World. It helps me remember that I'm not alone in this process.
  7. My sweet friends that love me so much.
  8. Food from The Pear Tree--a restaurant across the street from us. SO YUMMY!!! Queso soup, fruit salad, chicken salad, pumpkin bread, peach tea & cider. Are you hungry yet??
  9. My new shirt from Forever 21.....a friend gave me her store credit. I thought that was just the sweetest thing!
  10. Fitting in a size M at Forever 21. Yeah!
  11. My sister who is working her fingers to the bone so that we can bring our baby home. She is sacrificial & her love for my family has spoken to the deep corners of my heart. I want to be like her when I grow up. She is amazing. And so are the blankets she's making. Check them out here.
  12. Watching Matt tickle & play with Ava. She laughs so hard. She loves him to pieces. It makes me love him to pieces.
  13. Compact fluorescent light bulbs....it makes me feel like I'm doing something good for the planet.
  14. Wearing flip-flops again. I feel lost in the winter without them.
  15. Talking to my Mom and Dad on the phone every day. It makes me feel warm inside.
  16. Diet Dr. Pepper.....like always.
  17. The flowers planted in my front yard that rebloomed. I thought they were dead & gone & now they're back.
  18. Getting new vacuum bags so that I could FINALLY vacuum my floors after a whole week of not being able to. I love having clean floors.
  19. Ava's summer clothes. They are so cute & they make me jealous of her cool style :)
  20. My God who has been so faithful & near me when I'm feeling very low. I'm thankful for Psalm 77, which has become my relief. I'm just so glad that God is still God & He is ok when I question His goodness & His plans. I'm glad that He doesn't love me less when I tell Him I'm angry that my Mom is sick. I'm thankful that Job was a real person & I can learn from Him. I'm thankful for peace that passes understanding. And I'm thankful that God runs to the prodigals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel--I love your list. It made me laugh and cry! I'm glad you're looking for the positives. It's hard right now, but I need to do the same thing! Love you!
Emmy

Ben and Crystin said...

All I want to say is- I'm proud of you for making a list and it's awesome. and I LOVE YOU! (of course)Can't wait until one day this year when neither of our kids are sick and we can actually go out and do something.

Tamara said...

What an amazing list! I want to eat at your restaurant!!! You are a rare breed my friend Rachel, thank you for being special and awesome! Thanks for the list...I think I needed those reminders...of all of the good. Love,
Tamara