Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Family x 2

I just have to brag about my 2 families....my birth family & my spur family. I am blessed beyond measure by these 2 groups of people. So here goes:

Dad: My Dad is one of the strongest and wisest people that I know. He has always worked so hard to provide for all of us--always sacrificing what he wanted & what he hoped for to put us first. He is such a hero to me. I know that in the last several months he has had so much on his back as he has carried my Mom while she is sick. He is so tired & worn but at the same time, he is so strong. I know he would never admit that, but it is true. And I also know that he is probably feeling kind of helpless and useless lately, but I think that his love for my Mom has never been more important or more beautiful. His presence alone heals my Mom every day. I love my Dad so much & am proud to have inherited his crazy hair, unibrow, jiggly belly & personality. Thank you Dad, for always showing me how I deserve to be loved & for being the rock of the Murbach clan. I love you!

Mom: My Mom has just really amazed me lately as she has walked through cancer. She is full of grace & gratitude. She has reminded me that there is really no use in complaining. All she desires is that God uses this cancer to draw people (especially her family) into a relationship with our Savior. She is the greatest missionary I have ever met & her legacy of faith has changed the way I want to live. Her quiet and passionate love for the Lord & His Word has shaped me into the person that I am today. I think she is so beautiful & I know that that beauty will not fade even if she does lose all of her hair, b/c her beauty radiates from her heart. She has a glow about her b/c she knows & loves Jesus. I can't even begin to imagine the pain she is feeling or the emotions that she is dealing with. To me she is so strong & brave. I love you Mom!

Emily: My sister is the most selfless person I know. She has made over 50 blankets to help support our adoption. Her poor little fingers are probably about to break, and yet every time I talk to her, she is so excited & willing to continue helping. If that's not love I don't know what is. She is a peacemaker & has the sweetest heart. Something completely terrible & unjust happened to her at work yesterday & I hate that for her so deeply b/c all she does is work hard & serve people. She is such a testimony to me of how to treat people--especially those that don't know Christ. She is moving back to FL to help take care of my Mom. She is the nurturing sister. She is the brave sister. She is the kind & compassionate sister. I hope to be half the person that she is one day. She is younger, but she is amazing & I look up to her more than she will ever know. I love you my dear :)

Spur family: Matt & I are blessed by another family too. In 2000, we met Aaron & Jamie Ivey and began a very deep and special friendship with them. They began a band called spur58 and this group of guys & their amazing wives have become something of a family. For several years, we ministered together under the umbrella of Joshua Stone Ministries. Last year, God called us to Sagemont & it has been so difficult to be away from our ministry family. Our hearts are so connected to them--as friends & as co-laborers for Christ. Their friendship is so dear to us & I don't even really know how to put into words how much this group of 5 couples (and a few wonderful others...Ginger, Mel, Tim.....) have become a part of our lives. We had the privilege of being at Chad & Stephanie's wedding on Saturday. It was such a sweet time as we watched 2 amazing friends unite their lives together. They were both in our student ministry back in Sugar Land--(wow!! we're getting old!!) While we were there, the spur family gave us an envelope with a very large amount of money for our adoption. We were blown away---but even more blessed to learn that they had had a 2 day yard sale for us. They all donated stuff, advertised & then worked different shifts...all to raise money for our adoption. We were just knocked off our feet to think that they would do that for us. What precious friends they are. We are definitely the lucky ones! So thank you Spur family....we love all of you so much & know that our journey with you is not yet done!

There are so many more friends that I consider "family", but I will save those for another post. Love you all!! Who is in your "family"?

1 comment:

melneyann said...

I love you!!!