Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm at a Place Called Vertigo

Hey friends. No I'm not obsessed with U2. Ok, well, maybe I am, but that's not what this post is about. I'm actually really at a place called vertigo. For those of you that may not know, I have been very sick during the last 2 months & have been undergoing all kinds of medical tests. I have been to the doctor more during the last 2 months than in the last 5 years combined. I'm having major major stomach problems (cramping, nausea, soreness & tenderness in my lower abdomen, etc...). So far I've had tons of bloodwork, an ultrasound & a stool sample test. Everything has come back normal, but I'm still having a lot of pain. I'm still waiting on my most recent round of bloodwork, so we'll see what that says. So I've been referrred to a GI doctor & I'm hoping to get in soon. On top of all that over the last 2 weeks I've become extremely dizzy and everything is spinning. I'm having severe fatigue & I just all around don't feel good. So....I went back to the doctor on Thursday & was diagnosed with vertigo. She removed (sorry this is gross) a HUGE clump of wax that was pushing against my inner ear & told me to take a few days to see if it helped things. It did--temporarily & now I'm feeling bad again. So now they're trying to figure out if my 2 problems are linked or are 2 separate things. So far, here are some possible diagnosis:
1. thyroid problems
2. all of this is stress
3. crohn's or ulcerative colitis
4. IBS
5. problems with my sinuses & inner ear
6. major anemia
7. possible problems in my reproductive organs
So now I've been told to go see the GI doctor & an OB/Gyn to get more tests run. I'm just ready to feel better. I'm so tired & dizzy/nauseous, crampy all the time lately. All that feels good is lying on the couch, but as you can imagine, that doesn't really work with a toddler. So please pray for me as it seems that I still have a lot more testing to undergo. I'm going to see a chiropractor tomorrow (free of charge--as a gift!!) b/c on top of all this other stuff, my back is completely out of whack & is hurting worse than it's hurt in about 4 years. SO......fun stuff. I'm pretty sure the back is all from stress--I carry my stress in my shoulders, neck & upper back.

Sorry this is all such bad news--I feel like Debby Downer lately. The overwhelming majority of stuff in our lives right now is pretty heavy & difficult. I'm really longer for better days. My entire family is just worn. Please continue to pray for all of us.

On the adoption front....you guessed it.....more not so great news. We found out that several things we've completed for our dossier were incorrect & have to be redone, so we're looking at more money & more time. I've been so frustrated with this lately. I am honestly wondering if we will ever meet our daughter. I know that's stupid, but I feel like we just can't get it together. I'm so depressed everytime I see that ticker at the top on my blog saying how long we've been waiting for Bella. I don't want to take it down b/c it's keeping me working, but I can't believe it's been almost 8 months!! We need some serious miracles right now--money, things to push through & get completed, open doors. I just wish that this one thing could come together & work out for us....I really need that right now.

Oh, and did I mention that Matt will be out of town all week?

Ok, I think that's it. I'm sorry to complain & to be so down. The pain & stress of everything difficult in my life just gets to me some days. Today is one of those days. On a happier note--2 beautiful pictures. The first of my Mom & Ava & the second--a new picture of Ava. Enjoy :)



5 comments:

Tamara said...

I am praying for you Rachel. Your family is so precious...I pray good things come your way VERY soon! Can you give us an update on your mom?
Love,
Tamara

Jackie said...

hey rach..you are SOOOO in my prayers right now. I know it has to be so frustrating to be feeling bad all the time and not know what is causing it. Mike is out of town all week too...we should get together, let the girls play, grab some food and hunker down for a day. You can lay on my couch while the girls entertain one another- I'll take care of you and them! :)

Seriously though, I know we don't know each other THAT well yet, but I am HERE FOR YOU...and I'm not saying that light-heartedly. Please call me if you need to talk, cry, scream, pray, or just whatever. I am here and willing. I hope things get better soon...hang in there, He will never give us more than we can handle- He promised us that! I love you and am praying all the time for you!

e-mail me at: j_klayman@comcast.net and I'll send you my phone number-don't want to post it! :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel! I am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. I am really praying for you! That God would just alleviate SOMETHING for you! Do you still want to get together on Wednesday? If you just want to chill, I TOTALLY understand. Just let me know what you need! :) It's really no big deal. You never have to worry or feel bad about canceling anything with me. (if you're like me, you are a total people pleaser and hate canceling anything:) However, if you need the company, I'll be there! It's whatever is best for YOU. Love you and am praying for you!

melneyann said...

Dear sweet friend,

I'm so sorry that you're having so many issues. I know how frustrating it can be and how annoying it is to hear your Dr's say...we don't know. I'll be praying for you and I hope that they figure out what's going on with you very soon!! If you need someone to talk to...feel free to call anytime.

I love you and I miss you so much. I feel like it's been forever! I've been praying for your mom. Thank you for sharing and keeping us updated.

Love you!
Mel

Dannie Flanagan said...

Man, that's some pretty intense stuff, girl! I am soooo praying for you hardcore. You are an amazingly strong woman of God and he totally has His hands just wrapped around you right now.

I love you so much!

Love,Dannie