Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Prayer Day for my Mom

Hey everyone! As most of you know, my sweet Mama has been battling very severe ovarian cancer (after her second battle against breast cancer this winter). She just finished her final chemo treatment a couple of weeks ago. This Friday she will be going in for her post-chemo CT Scan to see how her body has responded to the chemo. It's a really big, scary day for my family as we will be finding out if the chemo has been effective. It will take a week to get the results back, so it's going to be an excruciating week. A bunch of my Mom's friends are going to be gathering together at 7:00pm this Thursday the 20th for a time of prayer for my Mom before she goes in for her tests. I thought it would be such an awesome blessing to ask everyone I know to also be praying at 7:00 for my Mom. I know that God can work miracles, and we are asking Him to do just that. Below are some prayer requests that I recently emailed to a lot of my friends, but I also wanted to post them here for people whose emails I don't have. Would you be willing to commit to praying for my Mom this Thursday at 7:00pm? Here are some specific ways to pray:

1. First & foremost, pray for complete healing of her body--NO MORE CANCER!!

2. Pray for comfort in her body as she is in incredible pain & discomfort. It sounds like everything hurts, from her head to her stomach, to the tips of her fingers and toes. She is completely miserable. Pray for an alleving of pain this week.

3. Pray that the CT scan is completely thorough and complete the first time around

4. Pray for her emotions--she is feeling very down these days.

5. Pray for my family--for my Dad & Emily as they are in FL with her, and for us as we are away. I am not doing very well with things lately. I've pretty much been a big ball of tears this past week. If you have never watched someone you love more than yourself suffer immensely, I don't know how to describe it except to say that it is far worse than anything I've ever dealt with in my life. We need so much peace right now. Peace that can only come from our Heavenly Father. Pray that "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:7

6. Pray for an outpouring of love for my Mom from her friends on Thursday night. She just needs some good hugs & encouragement--something to whisper to her heart to keep fighting.

7. Finally, join us in praying for a miracle. I have never felt God asking me for more faith than right now. I am praying the prayer that Hezakiah prayed in Isaiah 38. He fell ill & God told him that he was going to die. So, he prayed that God would spare his life so that He could bring more glory to God. This is what I'm praying for my Mom. I'm praying that God would spare her more years so that she can spend the rest of her days praising and bringing more glory to God. "For the grave cannot praise You, death cannot sing Your praise.....the living, the living--they praise You; as I am doing today; fathers tell their children about Your faithfulness. The Lord will save me, and we will sing with stringed instruments all the days of our lives in the temple of the Lord." (Isaiah 37:18-19). Until God confirms that healing this side of heaven is God's plan for my Mom right now, I'm going to pray for a miracle--for complete healing. Please join us in praying huge and mighty prayers for my Mom b/c He is a huge and mighty God. I am trusting in His goodness and I know that His plans for healing for my Mom--either here on earth, or her ultimate healing in heaven--are beautiful & perfect.

Thank you so much for praying--if you're up for joining us, would you mind commenting me to let me know (if you've already emailed me--don't worry about reposting :) I'm passing along all the names of people praying to my Mom so she can see the army of people that will be meeting her at the throne of grace!! Love you all :)

10 comments:

Tamara said...

I am setting my alarm right now so I can be praying at exactly 7pm. Aren't they on Eastern time? Just wanted to make sure I set the right time.

Rachel said...

yes...they are on eastern time :) but you can pray whenever is best for you! thanks so much for praying tamara!!

Jackie said...

OH sweet friend, you know I will be praying. I have been praying for ya'll and your mom for awhile, but I will definately be praying for these specifics now. I am here if you need an ear (or if you just need some time to yourself I can watch Ava- her and Sara get along great) Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for ya'll at this time. I love you and am keeping you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Rachael,
Our family will be together in prayer for your mom at 7pm on Thursday. I will ask my friend Wendy and her family to pray with us too (they already have been) and I know she can contact friends from her church to contribute to the power of healing prayer, as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family each day.
With love,
Aunt Pat, Uncle Steve, Matt and Beau

Anonymous said...

i dont know you. i just stumbled upon your blog but i want you to know that i will be praying for your mother from now on. i'll be reading for more updates. our god is powerful and i believe he can heal anyone who has faith.

Diana said...

Rachel,
You don't know me. I found your site through your friend's Jaime and Aaron.
I can tell you I know how you feel.
My mother is fighting stage4 Breast Cancer. I know how it feels to sit on the phone waiting for the CT or blood work results. I will be praying for all that you have asked. I know the ball of tears you have. It seems the second you let the first roll out, they don't stop.

In Prayer for you all
Diana

Anonymous said...

you know we'll be praying! :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I met you years ago through Amanda Reed-

I have been in this place with both of my parents, my mom with breast cancer, my dad with colon/liver. We claimed some of the same scriptures you mentioned and had focused prayer meetings for big test results and procedures. I know what it feels like to wait for the phone to ring and to struggle in your prayers and in your faith. Please know that I will be praying. By the way, my mom is a 15 year survivor and my dad is now a 5 year survivor from a 6 months to live diagnosis. Prayer works and God does bring glory to Himself through these hard times we go through. Please be encouraged from our story and know that He is the great physician!

The Roberts Family said...

I prayed for your mom this morning on my way into work and am adding her to my prayer journal. Cancer is everywhere it seems. My grandfather is dealing with advanced colorectal cancer and my aunt just had a pre-cancerous polyp removed. I will be praying for your mom as well as your whole family.

Dannie Flanagan said...

Hey I just read this today, but I will definitely be praying for her.

I hope everything else is going well as well! It was nice to "hear" from you. I miss you guys so much! I'm sure Ava is growing up and becoming a toddler and not so much of a baby. I can't wait to see you guys again! I totally have you guys in my prayers constantly. How's the adoption going? Love you so much!

Love,Dannie