Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Should Not Be Writing This Post

Instead I should be packing up my house, but I am procrastinating in the worst possible way. I have so many random things spinning in my head right now and I want to get them out of there so that I can move on & get some work done. In a way this is my "baby book" for Ava, so I have to record a couple of things. And so without further ado...is that how you spell ado?? What a strange word. Anyways, because you love it oh so much, the bullet points:
  • I got back from FL today after being there for 2 1/2 weeks. It is eerily quiet in my house with no Matt & no cat. Wow. That rhymes....I should write a book about the Matt and the Cat...Get it....the cat and the hat??? Oh my goodness I crack myself up. WOW.
  • Matt has been out of the country for 2 weeks now & I'm missing him so badly. He went to Ethiopia for about 8 days and now he is in Israel. One side of me is so thrilled that he is getting to experience all of these things. His stories have been just amazing. God check out his blog here. On the other hand I am crazy jealous of him & wish that I could do the things he is getting to do. I know my time will come & this is just a season for me (having young kids) but a part of me just longs to go on a mission trip for a month or something. He gets back late Thursday night. Then he has a speaking engagement this weekend. And then a big open house for work. So basically I don't get him until Monday. And then we have 3 days until we move. How on earth will I get everything done without him?
  • I am thankful for international & satellite phones.
  • My parents have a dog named Lexi. Ava loves her very much & fondly calls her Sexy. We giggle every time we hear it.
  • I swear Ava grew 3 inches over the last 2 weeks. Her pants are turning into high waters. Slow down kid--don't you know your parents are on a tight budget?
  • I went to Steve & Barry's and finally got to see Sarah Jessica Parker's new line of clothes, Bitten. Everything is so cute & EVERYTHING in the entire store was $7.98. I got a pair of amazing jeans for $7.98. Don't you just love those little shopping blessings?
  • I had the fun task of picking out a place for my family to live without my husband ever seeing it. It stressed me out more than it should have. I am so happy with what we found though. We're going to rent the cutest little 2 bedroom villa for a year. It is in a great part of town & I really think we will be cozy & happy there. Hopefully Matt will like it.
  • My most BELOVED curtains were sacrificed to the sale of my home. I can't even put into words how much I love those curtains. They were the sweetest little blessing from God. One of those silly little minor things that God takes care of and reminds you that He cares about those silly little minor things. And now they're gone. I cried over them first & then I got extremely mad at my realtor for giving them away w/o asking me first after I SPECIFICALLY asked her to save my curtains. And then I had this flesh vs. Spirit war with God. He won. He reminded me that they are just pieces of fabric that hang over windows. They are "stuff". When I die they won't come with me to heaven (although they are heavenly!!). They will never draw someone to Jesus. They will not feed hungry people. So now I'm over it. Or at least I'm close. I was over it until I walked back in my house today & saw them in all their glory. Ok enough......I'm done.
  • My sister Emmy is coming to help me pack this weekend. She is such a blessing to me.
  • My Mom is doing just amazing. She is still struggling with her nerve damage, but she is seriously a new person. Her hair is growing back & it looks so cute. And she was dancing & playing with Ava. It made me so joyful.
  • My Dad is the wisest person I know. And the most giving. And he blessed me in both of those ways this week.
  • I have several friends right now who are full of sorrow, sick and struggling. I am asking God to keep them on my heart constantly.
  • I am moving to FL in 9 days.
  • Why is moving the most miserable experience on earth?
  • Where did all the anvils go? That one is for you Emmy :)
  • My sister and I watched every episode of The Office over the past 2 weeks. I love that show. I can't believe I'm just now realizing how amazing it is. I love Jim & Pam. And Dwight. And Michael. And Kevin. Oh my goodness, Kevin. He makes me laugh so hard.
  • When will my life slow down a little?
  • When will I finish Harry Potter number 5?
  • What is the name of Harry Potter number 5?
  • Why have I eaten pizza 4 times in the past week?
  • Why do I have a bad back?
  • I will miss the sound of the train that's close to here.
  • I will not miss Houston traffic.
  • I want Ava to love God.
  • Do I really love God? With more than just words?
  • Am I disciplining Ava correctly? Why is it the hardest thing I've ever had to do?
  • When did I start loving Coke Zero more than Diet Dr. Pepper? Am I a traitor?
  • Lost. 9 days.
  • I hate American Idol
  • I want to be an artist.
  • Ava tries to sing the ABC's song and it is about the cutest thing I've ever heard. She makes up her own letters, but she sings the tune pretty much on key. And that LMNOP part...she does that....all fast & together & everything. Ok, I'm gushing, but it's just so darn cute.
  • Ok, one more cute Ava thing. She LOVES it when people sneeze. It makes her belly laugh. And then she yells out "bless you". So cute. Really people. So cute.
  • My brain is tired. Good. Mission accomplished. Good bye.

2 comments:

Dannie Flanagan said...

Oh man I know how you feel when you talk about the craziness of life.

I'm going through a season of that right now and I don't think it'll be over till May. I'm totally praying for you and the movie right now. So hardcore.

I miss you sooo much. It really was a blessing to my soul to see you that afternoon. You really don't know.

I love you.
Dannie

Ben and Crystin said...

Hey- so glad I finally got to finish reading alll of this. I think of moving as the complete opposite- fun and exciting! Getting rid of old stuff..it's like a cleansing experience and you are refreshed for what's new ahead. And you are moving to be w/ your family!!! AWesome. so glad your mom is doing that great. How cool to see. we are great as well. getting friends..actually been busy. can't wait to talk to you!! miss you guys- Cru has more teeth, hair, words, and of course, dances! already!